Raising Money For NBIA Research

Help me raise money for NBIA research by making a donation as I run the Boston 2011 Marathon in April, 2011 in Brittany's honor.


Although I have crossed my marathon finishing line, the race isn't over for NBIA! Please consider making a donation...


We are so close to reaching $5000...only $135 to go!


Checks payable to:


NBIA Disorders Association


And can be sent to:

Boston for Brittany

c/o Sandy and Rich Leap
14852 Ashby Oak Ct. Haymarket, VA 20169 (Brittany's Mother and Father).


Funds will go directly to research in hopes of finding a cure. Also, they are 100% tax deductible.

Racing to Find a Cure

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Candyland...Brittany Style


When I come over to Brittany's house, we love to play Candyland. I think we both know it is a game for youngins'.
But we love it so...Brittany and me.
It's our game.
It will always be our game.
We have a ritual you know. I push her wheelchair into the living room where all of the games are stored. I place the game right under her arm so she can keep hold as we walk back together to the kitchen table. I set up her wheelchair so I am always sitting on the side where her neck bends over due to her scoliosis...she can see better that way (and she can watch me to be sure I don't cheat).
I do all of the game piece moving, card flipping, exciting play by play conversation and such.
Brittany picks what color gingerbread piece we will each be and who goes first (she always lets me go first).
Then we start some serious game playing.
And we make bets.
Today the bets were as follows:
Game 1- Winner receives Brittany's entire DVD collection (Brittany won)
Game 2- Winner receives Sommer (Brittany won...I will miss you sweet daughter)
Game 3: Winner must go around house doing the chicken dance..with the door open so neighbors can see (Brittany won...and she was actually laughing at me).
Game 4: Winner will receive Rich's (Brittany's Dad), favorite office chair (I won! And then proceeded to move the chair to our game table and started spinning around. Brittany then insisted I put it back).
Game 5: Winner will receive Joey the Dog (Hey Sandy, I will bring him over later...Brittany won).
And then with my Candyland voice, I lulled Brittany into a deep sleep.
It was a great day.
Please consider making a donation to the Boston for Brittany fund. It will benefit one amazing girl (and all of her friends fighting NBIA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment