Raising Money For NBIA Research

Help me raise money for NBIA research by making a donation as I run the Boston 2011 Marathon in April, 2011 in Brittany's honor.


Although I have crossed my marathon finishing line, the race isn't over for NBIA! Please consider making a donation...


We are so close to reaching $5000...only $135 to go!


Checks payable to:


NBIA Disorders Association


And can be sent to:

Boston for Brittany

c/o Sandy and Rich Leap
14852 Ashby Oak Ct. Haymarket, VA 20169 (Brittany's Mother and Father).


Funds will go directly to research in hopes of finding a cure. Also, they are 100% tax deductible.

Racing to Find a Cure

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

KIDS ROCK!

You all know I think Brittany is the coolest kid around. My kids are pretty cool too.  So are your kids...all rockin'! Kids really do amazing things.

I mean, just today I went to visit Brittany in the hospital (great excuse for me to have Chipotle with Sandy)...yes, she is hanging out there again (breathing issues).  When I arrived she had just fallen asleep as her mother was reading to her...a tough night makes for a sleepy day.

As I was just about to leave, she awoke.  She forced her tired little hand out from under her sheet and lifted it to mine. I squeezed it.  I told her I was ready to run the Boston Marathon for her.  The best fun was telling her all about my cool race outfit...complete with BOSTON FOR BRITTANY (in zebra letters) on the front and GOOGLE IT on the back!  I think she approved!

So, you know I think the world of Brittany.  I love hearing about other children that are "outta of this world" awesome.  Can I share the story of Dayton's Legs with you? 

Do enjoy this touching story!

We can all give...in so many ways...whether it is our time, our touch, our talents.  Don't hold back on giving. 

"Be grateful for every opportunity to serve. It helps you more than those you serve."

No comments:

Post a Comment