Raising Money For NBIA Research

Help me raise money for NBIA research by making a donation as I run the Boston 2011 Marathon in April, 2011 in Brittany's honor.


Although I have crossed my marathon finishing line, the race isn't over for NBIA! Please consider making a donation...


We are so close to reaching $5000...only $135 to go!


Checks payable to:


NBIA Disorders Association


And can be sent to:

Boston for Brittany

c/o Sandy and Rich Leap
14852 Ashby Oak Ct. Haymarket, VA 20169 (Brittany's Mother and Father).


Funds will go directly to research in hopes of finding a cure. Also, they are 100% tax deductible.

Racing to Find a Cure

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thank You EVERYONE!


The Boston Marathon is over....whew!  My legs are still feeling the pain from the massive downhills followed by the intense uphills...followed by more downhill...uphill...downhill...pain, pain, pain. and pain.

I will share a detailed Marathon Weekend post in the next day or two (with tons of pictures).  But today I wanted to let you know that we raised over $4800 for NBIA!  I was hoping to hit $5000 but I am as pleased as punch that we were thousands over my original goal of $2620!  I couldn't have done this without you...my dear friends...thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Now...drum roll please...we have some prize winners:

My official finishing time was 3:36:53 (so bummed I didn't PR but happy)!

Here is the breakdown of prize winners!

The closest guess goes to Julia Turner of Haymarket, VA with a guess of 3:36:42 and will be taking home a $50 gift card to The Running Store!

2nd place and winner of the totally darling Coach cosmetic bag with a guess of 3:35:25 is BethAnn Telford and John Carmichael (I hope he will let BethAnn have the bag) of Centreville, VA!

3rd place and winner of  a $10 gift card to Starbucks with a guess of 3:35:11 is Kirsten Printz of Roanoke, VA!

4th place and winner of a Cold Stone gift card with a guess of 3:35:07 is Claire Pothier of Gilbert, AZ!

5th place and winner of a $10 gift card to Starbucks with a guess of 3:35:02 is JoAnn Hahn of Centreville, VA!

6th place and winner of a Cold Stone gift card with a guess of 3:35:00 is Ann Anderson of Gainesville, VA!

7th place and winner of a Cold Stone gift card with a guess of 3:34: 20 is David Pothier of Gilbert, AZ!

8th place and winner of a Cold Stone gift card with a guess of 3:34 15 is Ethan Porter of Haymarket, VA!

All winners will be receiving their prizes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment